In seeking to ensure compliance with the AccessNI Code of Practice, Table Tennis Ulster implements the following steps when handling and storing Disclosure information.
Table Tennis Ulster will ensure that:
- Disclosure information is not passed to persons who are not authorised to receive it under section 124 of Part V of the Police Act;
- Disclosure information is available only to those in the organisation who need to have access in the course of their duties;
- It will not retain Disclosure certificates for longer than is required for a particular purpose. This will be no longer than six months after the date on which recruitment or other relevant decisions have been taken; or after the date on which any dispute about the accuracy of the Disclosure information has been resolved. This period will only be exceeded in very exceptional circumstances which justify retention for a longer period;
- All sensitive and personal Disclosure information is stored when not in use in a locked and non-portable container in a secure environment;
- It co-operates with AccessNI to undertake assurance checks as to the proper use and safekeeping of Disclosure information; and
- It reports to AccessNI any suspected malpractice in relation to this policy or any suspected offence concerning the handling or storage of Disclosure information.